Real Player has done all they can to make sure their product is available for each and every operating system on the market today. This means that MAC and Windows users alike can enjoy the new and improved features that make RealPlayer the number one media player on the internet today. Some of the recommended system requirements for the new Real Player 11 version are as follows:
• 1 GHz processor or greater (supports simultaneous record/playback features)
• 512 MB of RAM memory, 1 GB with Vista or later
• High-speed Internet connection (audio/video)
• Full Duplex sound card and speakers
• CD and DVD writer (for CD and DVD writing features)
• 4+ GB available disk space for writing Media and MP3 DVDs and CDs
• DVD player and DVD playback software (for DVD playback)
• Windows Media Player 9.0 or later
• QuickTime 6.4 or later
If using Screen-Reader software: JAWS (v4.02 or greater recommended) or Window-Eyes (v4.21 or greater)
It is important to be aware of the difference between Real Player's recommended system requirements and their minimum system requirements. The system requirements listed above have been suggested to help you get the most of your RealPlayer experience, they are not all required. Real Player's minimum requirements are far lower but you may not get the full effect of the media player as you would with the system requirements listed above. Their minimum requirement for Windows users include:
• 700 MHz processor or equivalent
• 256 MB of RAM memory
• 60 MB available disk space
• Super VGA (800 x 600, 65k color) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
• 16-bit sound card and speakers
• Operating System (OS):
• Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later
• Windows Vista
For MAC users, their requirements are far simpler because Real Player has created their MAC version software to fit and be compatible with each and every MAC created. This takes the guess work out of what you are required to have to use RealPlayer effectively.
Once you have your system requirements understood and have checked your PC or MAC to make sure you are ready to go and download your first version of Real Player, you will be happy to know that they have created a simple installation package to make the installing process quick and easy for everyone. If by chance you have found that your system does not meet the minimum requirements, RealPlayer gives you the option to download an old version of Real Player so you can still enjoy this media player on a lower level.
When the time comes to upgrade or perhaps you are cleaning out your PC from time to time, the uninstalling process is just as easy and takes little to no time. It is important to make sure you understand how to install, uninstall and check your computer for system requirements before downloading RealPlayer. By doing this in advance you can be sure you have the elements to enjoy each and every feature of RealPlayer at its highest level.